When Colonel Morry Beldon and his wife, Ann, came to San Antonio under the orders of Uncle Sam in 1945, they fell in love with the burgeoning South Texas city. They decided it was the ideal town to raise their family in and pursue their own version of the American dream. That dream came true through a roofing company Morry, an MIT graduate, started with A.A. Shepherd, a local homebuilder who was one of the first to befriend the transplanted Bostonians.
In 1946, they launched AAA Roofing and Supply Co. The company grew with the Alamo City's exploding market for single-family homes. In addition to top-notch roofs and customer service, AAA furnished local builders with building supplies and arranged financing for them.
After nine years, the friends went their separate ways, and Morry incorporated Beldon Roofing & Supply Company. The small partnership that started in the shadow of World War II has since grown into a third-generation family business with a staff of more than 250 employees and a fleet of more than 100 vehicles, all dedicated to bringing the best of the business and themselves to their valued customers.
- 1960s: Beldon Roofing began to expand its scope by including remodeling and commercial roofing in its list of products and services.
- 1980s: Beldon becomes a top provider of commercial roofing in San Antonio.
- 1985: Beldon Enterprises is formed as a holding company as the business prepared to expand into reroofing and government work. By 1989, two new subsidiaries were formed one to handle work in states of outside of Texas and one for international work.
- 1995: After discovering the best product on the market to save customers the time-consuming and often dangerous task of cleaning out their home gutters, Beldon searched for the best gutter on the market. LeafGuard was the clear choice. The company now owns gutter operations in 18 markets, offering legendary customer service on the best gutters in the industry.
- 1998: LeafGuard by Beldon goes international by opening its first office in Vancouver. The growth of this and other lines of business for Beldon resulted in the company closing operations on its remodeling division.
- As an added service to customers, Beldon now Baths by BELDON with our Bath Planet® line.
- 2001: Beldon Enterprises is named Honorable Mention winner of the MassMutual 2001 National Family Business of the Year for our business success, community involvement, innovative business practices and contributions to the industry.
- 2006: Beldon Enterprises works with other premier contractors to develop National Roofing Partners (NRP), a professional roofing trade organization that connects contractors and homeowners with experts in every aspect of the roofing industry. To tap into this nationwide resource, click here.